Good Morning North Carolina! Today is Election Day!! The polls have been open for over an hour now and we encourage you to Go Vote!!!
Polls in North Carolina will be open from 6:30 AM until 7:30 PM.
If you need to know where your polling place is please visit the North Carolina Board of Election website.
If you are a North Carolinian with a disability here are your rights:
MY VOTING RIGHTS
As a voter with a disability I have the right to:
1) Not be denied my right due to a disability.
2) Vote if I am in line before the polls close.
3) Choose a person to help me, but this person cannot be my employer or an agent of my employer or union.
4) Be reassigned before the election to a site accessible to me.
WAYS TO VOTE
1) Voting inside the polling site…..usually accessible, but maybe not for all
2) Curbside voting….If you can get to the voting site, but can’t get into the building because of your disability, a poll worker can come to your vehicle.
3) Absentee Ballot by mail….Any registered voter is authorized to vote by mail using an absentee ballot.
4) Absentee One-Stop (No excuse)…Allows voters to vote in person ahead of the election by up to 19 days.
5) Satellite voting sites…Some counties establish a plan that allows voters with disabilities to vote at designated sites.
WHAT IF I HAVE TROUBLE
1) Laws protect your right to register and vote
2) Call the County Board of Elections and State Board of Elections
3) Call Disability Rights NC
4) You may always vote a provisional or contested ballot
If you have problems voting, please report the incident by calling:
The NC State Board of Elections at 866-522-4723.
Democracy North Carolina at 888-OUR-VOTE.